5KM Pet-Friendly Run/Walk – 5KM, 10KM & 15KM Run – Doggie Dash
Kodi’s Paw-a-Thon Fur Festival aims to raise funds for RCH & Australian Animal Cancer Foundation. The event remembers our furry and members of the community who lost their battle, celebrates cancer survivors, and hopes to support those struggling with it. The event seeks to promote fitness in both humans and dogs and to help support cancer research.
The event consists of 5km, 10km, and 15km runs (all electronically timed) to raise awareness and funds for cancer research. Parallel to the event, we have also organised market stalls, food trucks, live entertainment music, and much more.
EVENT COURSE DETAILS
EVENT COURSE DESCRIPTION
5KM Pet-Friendly Run/Walk – 5KM, 10KM & 15kM Run
The event starts at Palms Lawn. The course follows the iconic Albert Park Lake path anticlockwise. As you approach Pelican Lawn after passing the Carousel, there is an extra loop at Pelican Lawn, to make up the 5km distance, which you will then run/walk to continue to the gravel path. Participants completing the 5km, will make their way to Palms lawn to the finish line. Participants entering the 10Km & 15Km events, will continue the same loop for a further 2 laps (10Km) or 3 laps (15Km) before returning onto Palms Lawn to the finish line. Please refer to the course map.
The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths, gravel paths and sand. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the event uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won’t hurt your time and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
The Doggy Dash Championship is a 40m dog event run in 6 lanes. The owner has their furbaby on a short (1m max.) lead.
Our Doggy Dash Championship consists of Heats, Semi-Finals, & Final
The first ‘pet and owner’ to cross the finish line wins.
Come and join us for a paw-tastic competition!
The event starts at Palms Lawn. The course follows the iconic Albert Park Lake path anticlockwise. As you approach Pelican Lawn
Kodi’s Pawathon wishes to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please always be considerate to the park and other park users.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm’s reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian, or appropriate adult of the parent’s choice.
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac.
- Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run the event you have entered with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that the event is fun and safe for everyone.
- Parking: Paid parking ($5.20, coins or credit cards accepted) is available in the Lakeside carpark.
- Toilets: There are public toilets at the Coot Picnic Area and at the 4.5km mark.
- Water fountains: Are positioned about every kilometre around the course.
- Shower and change rooms: The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre have showers and change rooms that can be accessed for the price of entry into the swimming pools.